From The Depths of My Mind

From The Depths of My Mind

Friday, January 15, 2010

Another to think about

once again I've been thinking about something. books have a way of really relating to you when they don't even know you. Here are two quotes that i got straight from books.

  • "I rest in the grace of the world and I am free" Wendall Berry the Peace of Wild Things
  • "Hate is stronger than fear." Cornelia Funke Inkdeath

And the last one that really blew my mind away.

  • "I ask you: What would you do if you were me? Tell me. Please tell me! But you are far from this. your fingers turn the strangeness of these pages that somehow connect my life to yours. Your eyes are safe. the story is just another few hundred pages of your mind. For me, it's here. It's bow." Markus Zusak I Am the Messenger

When I read that last one I wanted to stop and put the book down as if it contained death itself. But i didn't stop. I was intrigued and wanted to keep going even if what came next would make me shiver in thought. My point is that words have so much power than we tend to think they have. If we all considered what words could really do, do you think there would still be so much harm and war in this world?

No comments:

Post a Comment